There will be two costume contests this year. The first contest will be for children during the day and second contest will be in the evening for the adults. Both will have a professional costume category and store-bought category.
- Antique Firearms (guns) – Are not allowed.
- Firearm replicas (toy guns) – Are not allowed (except completely peace-bonded and approved per person)
- Pikes and Halberds- Are not allowed
- Swords, Knives, Dirks & Daggers – Must be completely sheathed and peace-tied.
- Axes, Claymores & Maces – Are strongly discouraged but if you insist Axes must be sheathed and peace-tied. Claymores and Maces must be peace-tied to your person (strapped to your back, tied to your belt, etc.)
- Bow & Arrows – Arrows are not to be drawn at any time. Bows must be un-strung and arrows tied in to the quiver.
- Walking sticks/Quarterstaffs – Are allowed
Any other variation of weapons with distinction to be made by ValleyCon ONLY!
Sheath: a protective covering, usually of thick leather that protects the edge of the blade, the wearer and anyone near them from damage. The sheath must cover the entire blade, not just the tip.
Peace-tied: the method of securing a weapon to the sheath, belt or body of the wearer. If the weapon is not peace-tied upon arrival at the festival front gate aworker must peace tie it for you.
No drawing of any weapon at any time (only exception-prior permission during Masquerade presentation).
If a weapon is drawn, the patron is subject to loss of weapon, removal from ValleyCon and/or prosecution by authorities.
All patrons must be at least 18 years old to carry a weapon on site.
This policy applies to anyone carrying a weapon in with him or her or purchasing a weapon while at ValleyCon.